Advertisement

Free Tabla Samples

topic posted Mon, May 30, 2005 - 5:30 AM by  Reactor
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi Everyone,

There's NO substitute for a real player - but for music programmers a decent set of sampled tablas can be a very handy thing!

We have put together a free tabla patch for the emagic EXS24 (all samples in WAV format). The tablas were played by Ravi Majevadia whilst recording the debut album from Reactor last year. With some careful programming/playing they can make a very useful sound..

Here's a short demo: www.reactor-site.com/samples...clip.mp3

The tablas and a collection of other free instruments are available from www.realfeel.freeuk.com/samples.htm

The Reactor website is - www.reactorsite.com
posted by:
Reactor
United Kingdom
Advertisement
  • Re: Free Tabla Samples

Tue, May 31, 2005 - 2:52 PM
    dude thats awesome, i just got an electronic drum kit and cant wait to import the tablas unique sound, i was gonna record hits on my set of tablas but hey you guys allready did the work for me! thanks a million!

Thu, June 2, 2005 - 6:21 PM
      Glad to be of service dude!

If you get a minute to have a listen to our music - we'd much appreciate it! Happy programming...

Dave

Reactor

Thu, June 2, 2005 - 7:14 PM
        dave,
        i have over 5 years of singing experience so take that into account when i tell you what i thought, i think the weakest point i heard with the overall band is the lead singer, he is very good and all but he needs more confidence especially with vibrato, unless he is trying to get that short and choppy vibrato then he needs to sustain with a little more power. dont get me wrong he can sing better than i can but i think he needs a class from a really good teacher even one would be fine to get him on the right track. if you know anyone into serious theatre that has that fat woman voice that would be a good start. overall as a band you all lead singer included have a very soothing good sound together, my advise is record alot, every time you jam and make it ritual to sit through your recording after, it is the best way for anyone to hear the most crucial key things they need to polish up on with their part of the whole, it will make men kings. the accompanists have a really deep sound, very good harmonics, allmost as cool as a barbershop quartet so no weakness there and that is usually where i see weakness in a band. my parting words of wisdom to you is to kiss keep it simple stupid with the rythem, transitions between measures and one last thing, work a little on the main singers words to the song, i heard alot of repetitiveness like saying a word 3 or 4 times in a row, it doesnt work for courtney love as we all know. thats it for what i thought honestly as constructive as i can get on the criticism, take it as a grain of salt and keep working, your over half way there, the light is coming at the end of the tunnel just record listen record listen and you all will succeed! good luck, cheers, rick

ps i forgot to mention that i like what you guys are doing and absolutly love the merging with middle eastern, do it more!!!